Discover more from Facili-station
The ultimate Design Sprint books serie: 10 books you definitely must read
Regardless if you are a proficient Design Sprint master with plenty of Design Sprints under your belt, or just a curious mind that wants to learn more about the topic, those are the 10 books you should definitely read.
1. "Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days" by Jake Knapp, John Zeratsky and Braden Kowitz
This is Design Sprint "ground zero": the book that started it all. The book is all about the process. It is a practical recipe that explains step by step what you need to do and how in order to run a Design Sprint.
2. "Unlearn: Let Go of Past Success to Achieve Extraordinary Results" by Barry O'Reilly
This books explains the other side of Design Sprints: the underlying psychological, cognitive and behavioural processes behind the recipe. What makes the Design Sprint works.
3. "Enterprise Design Sprints" by Richard Banfield
This e-book focuses and teaches on you how to run Design Sprints in big organizations to reduce politics, increase collaboration, and put the focus on outcomes. You can get the book for free here.
4. "Design Sprint: A Practical Guidebook for Building Great Digital Products" by Richard Banfield, C. Todd Lombardo and Trace Wax
Another book with a fresh and different perspective and take on Design Sprints. This is also about another kind of process and tools.
5. "Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers" by Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo
You always need to adapt and customise the standard Design Sprint process to your customer's needs, culture and environment. Here you will find lots of interesting and relevant exercises, and workshops "out-of-the-box", so you can redesign your Design Sprint.
6. "Little Bets: How Breakthrough Ideas Emerge from Small Discoveries" by Peter Sims
This books highlights the universal principles behind innovation processes: little bets (prototypes) and quick interactions with real customers. What Design Sprints are all about!
7. "The Lean Product Playbook: How to Innovate with Minimum Viable Products and Rapid Customer Feedback" by Dan Olsen
This books shows how and where to integrate Design Sprints in your product and service development cycle.
8. "The Startup Way: How Modern Companies Use Entrepreneurial Management to Transform Culture and Drive Long-Term Growth" by Eric Ries
This books shows how and where to integrate Design Sprints in your product and service innovation development cycle
9. "Hacking Growth: How Today's Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success" by Sean Ellis
This books shows how and where to integrate Design Sprints in your growth hacking initiatives.
11. "Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day" by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky
This is"meta mindset book" for Design Sprints that focuses and highlights the core and WHY of the Design Sprint process and how to apply it in your own life.
Do you have some other books that should be included in this list? Please add them in the "Comment" field under 👇
Did you find this article valuable? Did you learn something new? Please like it and share it so others can also benefit from it :-)
Are you interested in this topic? Please connect with me in LinkedIn so we can share som interesting knowledge, thoughts and ideas together (co-creation!).
"When you learn, teach. When you get, give" - Maya Angelou
Good sprinting and godspeed!!
Thanks for reading Facili-station! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.